I am an Entrepreneur and Business Consultant based in San Francisco providing sales and business development services on the West Coast.
Some of my prior assignments with early stage startups:
- Wefunder (Y-combinator startup): acquired 6,000 new subscribers when the company was only 6 months old, and consisted of 3 founders only; build partnerships with C-level executives (CEOs, VCs, startup founders, etc).
- LabMinds Inc. (Oxford University startup): helped establish first office in the USA; prepared the first list of interested customers when the product (Revo) was still under manufacturing; managed operations and office in the absence of the CEO; researched the best and cheapest validation plan to perform in house testing.
Events I helped organize in 2017 in the San Francisco Bay Area:
- “What’s hot in the Bay Area Biotech?” by Xconomy (Dec): ~200 attendees at UCSF, San Francisco.
- The Startup Conference (May): ~1500 attendees at the Fox Theater, Redwood City.
- SVOD Startup Investment Conference (May): ~1500 attendees at Computer History Museum, Mountain View.
- PhD in Microbial Molecular Genetics from the University of Birmingham, UK; 4 publications from PhD work; presented research findings in international conferences.
- Recipient of the Darwin Trust of Edinburgh Fellowship 2005 (3-5 recipients worldwide each year) –£80K ($160K; covered tuition fee and living expenses during PhD) at age 22.
- Prior business development assignments with 2 notable startups: Y Combinator’s Wefunder and Oxford University’s LabMinds Inc.
- Lived on 3 continents (Asia, Europe and USA); speak 5 languages: English, French (intermediate level, DELF B1 diploma by self studying), Punjabi, Hindi and Urdu.
- Self-taught oil painter and photographer (SidraArt -as of now, 20K followers on Instagram).
- Software engineering by self-study (in progress): built sidramuntaha.com; currently working on a new project.